Wednesday, July 09, 2008

"It's all downhill from now..."

And I sure hope so! Shouldn't that be a good thing? All downhill from now, weeeeee!

Anyway, so many expressions have almost the opposite meaning than they logically should have.

"It's all but done".... Well, my imagination suggests that it was left alone, swept under the rug, delegated to someone else who died a sudden and gruesome death... it suggests many things except for "it's almost done".

And the good old "horrible" and "horrific" - both a bad thing.... and "terrible" and "terrific" suddenly being quite the opposite of one another. Gah! I think it's a plot against the foreigners really. Nobody likes us.

I shall not be subdued. I will follow my common sense and use the words as I deem fit. Even if people will think I went off the deep end (not sure where or why).

No comments: